Purposes of Establishment
- (1) Promoting friendship between members
- (2) Supporting business activity
- (3) Conducting surveys and providing information
- (4) Instructing and informing consumers
- (5) Technical research and development
- (6) Environmental and product safety measures
- (7) International exchanges
Main roles of JAIA
1 Carrying out production surveys
- The Association carries out surveys of adhesive production among its members in each quarter of the year and publishes the results of these surveys.
- Since 1999 we have also been conducting surveys of the whole adhesive manufacturing industry in cooperation with the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
2 Promoting standardization
- We are involved in the drafting of JIS standards for adhesives. We also promote JAI (Japan Adhesives Industry) standards and use of the JAI mark.
3 Certification of adhesives
- We provide certification for non-formaldehyde (F****) adhesives.
- We also provide certification for long-lasting hot melt adhesives for bookbinding.
4 Improvement of technologies
- We provide information regarding developments in adhesives technology.
- We support research into adhesive production methods and the implementation of the results of such research.
5 Environmental safety measures
- We investigate and promote a variety of countermeasures to address safety and health issues and environmental problems which relate to the adhesives industry.
6 Educational activities regarding adhesives
- We have established an Adhesive Technology School and an Introduction to Adhesives educational course to provide education for people in the adhesives industry.
7 Discussion on adhesives and adhesion
8 We participate in international exchanges and regularly attend the International Adhesive and Sealant Conferences and other conferences in the Asian region, and give presentations at these conferences.
9 Other activities
Membership requirements and advantages
Regular Members (Manufacturer Members)
These consist of businesses which are engaged in the manufacturing of adhesives or engaged in related activities.
- 1. The Association bulletins which are issued once a month can be sent to different departments within the member's company. They also receive the "Association News" which is published periodically. In addition, members can receive a variety of other information in printed form.
- 2. Members can apply for and participate in committee meetings, department meetings and conferences to be held on various aspects of the industry.
Associate members (Supplier Members)
These consist of businesses which are suppliers of raw materials and equipment or engaged in related activities.
- 1. The Association bulletins which are issued once a month can be sent to different departments within the member's company. In addition, members can receive a variety of other information in printed form.
- 2. They can make announcements in the Association bulletins on topics such as new products.
- 3. They can participate in seminars and social gatherings planned by the adhesives industry.